August 30, 2008

The spider, and Revelation song

Once there was a pretty little spider. (I know that those of you who don't think the words pretty and spider ought to be near each other, but go with me here, OK?) She woke one morning, knowing that she had to spin a new web. She looked out from the bush she was in and said to herself, "I am going to spin a web all the way across to that bush over there. It will be a huge and glorious web."

So the spider anchored a strand to the branch she was on, climbed to the end of a leaf, and launched herself into the air. A favorable breeze took her out a bit and she floated, floated, slowly, gently falling to the earth...

...about half way to the other bush.

No problem, thought the spider. The sun was just lightening the sky as she began to crawl. She crawled and crawled, and then crawled some more. She finally reached the base of the bush. The pretty little spider started to climb the nearest branch, which soon ended. The spider squinted across at the point where the other end of the web strand was anchored in the first bush. Not high enough, thought the spider, and so she scrambled down the opposite side of the branch and started up another one. She repeated this process until she finally reached a high branch roughly level with the first anchor point. She then pulled the line taut and anchored it to the branch. She now had a bridge line. She then crawled to another branch, set another anchor, then climbed out onto the bridge line to the halfway point and tied off the strand, so that there were two strands out to the middle of the bridge line. She then climbed back to the first bush, crawled off a little distance, and set another anchor point.

Finally the spider rested and surveyed her work. She had a bridge line, reinforced on both sides. A good start, she thought. This will be a great web. I will catch many flies, and live in fat content for many days...

Wait, what is that blue and purple thing coming this way?

It was me, running right through her nascent web, catching it right across my forehead.

Around 70 this morning, and about 90% humidity. Bleh.

2.5 mi - 29 min - 5.2 mph



This morning I listened to one song on a loop during my morning jog - Revelation Song, sung by Kari Jobe. We are learning this song for worship team, and it is marvelous. It glorifies Jesus! Here is the video of the song:


4 comments:

  1. Oh Peaj, I LOVE that song!! It seems familiar to me, but I don't know where I heard it. You say the worship team is learning it? So we have never sung it in church? It is amazingly beautiful!

    BTW, funny story about the spider and running into the web! Though I am sure it wasn't at all funny when you ran into it...yech!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh--that happened to me, too, the other night! It was, in a word, horrible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaj, what did you do to your comment page?! Are you mocking those of us who are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our comment pages? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops. I experimented, and then forgot to set it back.

    See the instructions in my comment on Jess's site. I set the text to 150%, and then forgot to change it back.

    ReplyDelete