August 15, 2008

Friday mernin

2.5 - 36 - 4.2

Man, it was hard to get out this morning. I was out last night until 11:30, having a wonderful, enriching, emotionally and spiritually pleasing time with dear, spirit filled people. 11:30 is usually early for me, but I went straight to bed. Maybe my spirit needs more of a workout too, because I was exhausted when I got home.

It was lovely out this morning, though. It rained hard last night, so it was about 90% humidity, but the temperature was a cool 62 degrees. I heard about a bajillion crickets and a kajillion birds, but otherwise it was so still. I saw a flash of black and yellow that Donna says was a goldfinch, and I saw something big and brown that she said might have been a brown thrasher. I am so thankful to live next to White Clay Creek. When we bought this house I thought that I might like the creek, and I was concerned about it possibly flooding, but I did not anticipate so enjoying the view out our front window and all of the birds that are about.

Amusingly, today I ran into a spider web. On my first lap around the neighborhood I missed the branch that always slaps my arm, but on the second go around I forgot and it got me.

I sit here and contemplate, and it seems to me that life is good. But not because I finished my week of jogging, or because I have a nice house, a wonderful wife and darling children and dear amazing friends. No, I feel good because God gave me a vision last night that showed me His heart, and He led me to pray for someone I don't even know. I feel honored to be so spoken to and used by Him.

"Don't forget me!" my heart cries to God.
"I will never forget you" He says in reply.

7 comments:

  1. that is beautiful. PJ.

    I am so glad that you have been praying--thank you (I realize they are not for me, but you know what I mean).

    Also, I have never see your new house--it'd be cool if you posted a pic at some point. hint hint. but, no pressure:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Peaj. Except the part about the spider web, ugh! I am not afraid of spiders or anything, but it is creepy walking into a web!

    Did you go to Immanuel last night, or were you at kinship? I am glad you had a blessed evening.

    By the way, I noticed sometimes in your posting that certain things are highlighted and are actually links. What is that all about? Please explain how you do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess: Hmm, I'll have to think about the picture. Privacy concerns and all. Maybe on my chosen social networking site.

    You'll have to come visit sometime, once we finish all our home improvement projects. You might actually recognize the house; Jonathan and Rebekah are very familiar with the park across the street, since Charky(sp?) lives in the next development over.

    Have I seen your house? I don't think so.

    Kathie: No Immanuel for me - frankly, I had forgotten about it until I heard that most of our kinship members were bagging kinship for the meeting. No, we got to enjoy our kinship leaders all by ourselves. A sweet time.

    To learn about adding links to your blog, see this page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was at the wrong blog at first, PJ! It is very different! How do you like it? I like it. I just added a list of blogs to my blog, too. I'm so glad you put Jonathan's on yours, I didn't know he had one. I just posted on his for the first time.

    I am VERY familiar with your development, since my in-laws live near you in the same development!!

    Thanks for the info about adding links, I'll check it out. I am still developing my blog. Jess likes the history addition, so we have a tie. I am waiting for semi-anonymous to respond before I make a decision. I am on the fence about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it, because it means that more of my text goes horizontally than vertically.

    Personally, I use Google Reader to catch up with all my blog reading, but I thought that for other people that it would be a convenience to have some of the "roll call" right there on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I like the look of my blog, colors and design, etc., but it would be nice if the text was horizontal, rather than vertical. I have checked other templates, but I haven't settled on a different one yet.

    What is Google Reader?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google Reader is a feed reader. It allows you to aggregate all of the changing content that you regularly read on the web into one page. Using Google Reader, I can see at a glance who has posted material that I haven't read yet, and whose blog hasn't been updated since the last time I looked.

    You can read more about it here.

    ReplyDelete