September 25, 2008

Thursday morning

I have an 8am appointment this morning, so I was out jogging while it was still dark today. Bright, fingernail moon. It was clearly morning by the time I finished today, but it felt kind of cool to go out while it was still dark.

Today was a red-letter day. For the first time since I started jogging at the beginning of July, I went the whole distance jogging; I didn't drop down into a walk the whole time. This has been one of my goals all along, but I'm kind of amazed that this was even possible for me. God made our bodies good, didn't he? Even in middle age.

3.0 miles - 35 min - 5.1 mph.

This seems to be turning into my workout blog, which I didn't want to happen. I have some ideas for other posts that I am working on, I promise. But I appreciate your encouragement, which is why I wanted to share this success with you.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Peaj....I'm excited for you. Plus it makes me encouraged about my own life. I feel so much better when I'm physically active. I really do believe that the connection between soul, body, spirit is very strong. Keep going, Peaj!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really cool! Congratulations! 4 minute mile here we come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. after you, jason - after you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! Really, you've done real good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great- and really encouraging to me. Thanks for being so transparent in sharing your workout struggles and triumphs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME. That is a milestone I can really relate too.

    ReplyDelete