September 20, 2008

Anxiously awaiting Oct 1

I am so looking forward to October 1st, 2008. I ought to be counting off the days on the calendar (but I'm too lazy to). But I will be so happy when that wonderful day arrives. Maybe I will treat myself to an ice cream treat, or to the alcoholic beverage (consumed in a safe and responsible manner) of my choice.

What happens on this wonderful, wonderful day? Is it an anniversary? A birthday?

No. It is the day on which I no longer have to hear about how the General Motors company will offer me their wonderfully generous employee discount on their typically overpriced new cars. Said offer expires on September 30th. This information has been pumped to into my brain through several media outlets ever since the Olympics.

In other words, on October 1 I no longer need to worry about seeing this commercial again:



I guess this is an indication that I am watching too much TV if something bothers me this much.

10 comments:

  1. ha! ice cream or a responsibly-consumed alcoholic beverage sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know who should feel more upset about this? the employees of GM! They basically have no real perk now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised they're not having a clearance on all the 09's to make room for the new 2010 cars..
    I don't really understand that all, but buying a new car is something I've never done before and have no plans on ever doing

    ReplyDelete
  4. plain jason: I bet that the company would argue that their perk is that they get to keep their jobs.

    jason j: yeah, I've never bought a new car either, which makes such untargeted advertising even more irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Consider the number of irritating commercials on TV, Peaj, you need to be careful about your ice cream and/or alcoholic beverage consumption! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, that should be, "Considering", of course! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Depending on the amount of value a specific car can hold, the financing you can get, and the warranty you receive, a new car really can be a great deal. I was anti-new car until we bought our Vue and no longer. Now it's an option to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was me by the way, the site wasn't allowing me to post unless I did it anon.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, well, I guess that is one perspective. However, the numbers never really seemed to add up for me. I've been content with my used cars to date, and I would hate to have to finance a new car. It's difficult for me to imagine that anything that I have to incur debt to own and that depreciates so drastically over time can be a great deal. Just one bearr's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kathie: not to worry, I don't partake of pleasurable yet somewhat detrimental consumables to celebrate the death of every annoying ad compaign. That would be - well, excessive.

    ReplyDelete