September 20, 2008

Dark Humor

3.0 mi - 37 min - 4.9 mph

After working out with barbells today and then going for a jog, I imagined the following conversation:

"Man, my muscles are sore."
"Why, what have you been doing?"
"Oh, I took up jogging."
"Really. Why did you do that?"
"Because I hate myself."

...not, you know, "I hate how I look and I want to change" or "I hate how I feel and I want to get more fit." No, it's kind of a conclusion based on the evidence: "I must hate myself to make myself feel this amount of discomfort on a regular basis."

Kidding! Hate's a strong word and I don't like to use it a lot, and I don't want to alarm my wife by using it regarding myself, so let me just assure you, Gentle Reader, that I am Just Kidding.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are kidding! But, I know what you mean...sometimes I torture myself by thinking about all the people who's jobs don't require them to stretch and warm-up and dance and lunge and stand and wear heels and sing while they are doing most of the above...

    But, really, it's fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean- in some ways it really feels like torture. But, sometimes, physical exertion really feels good. I don't jog though, so maybe I'm not qualified to comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete