September 15, 2008

Christophany or Theophany

Refer to this post.

Well, the poll has been closed for over two weeks, so I ought to talk about it. The question was: Who or what was the theophanic angel in the Old Testament?

With ten votes, the results are as follows:
















Christophany2 (20%)
Theophany7 (70%)
Mistaken identity (they thought it was God but it was
just an angel)
0 (0%)
Angel was an emissary or envoy for God7 (70%)
Something else 1 (10%)

So it looks like the poll bears out my own opinion: that it really was a theophany (God appearing as an angel), or it was the angel acting as an envoy for God with all the attendant rights and powers that we, in our democratic society, don't really understand.

Funny that the poll should end up matching my own expectations. Wonder how that happened. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I would make a comment, but everytime I come to this entry, it doesn't display right and I can't read it. Just wanted you to know I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, all the words are really jumbled up on top of each other for some reason, so you can't read it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think Christophany sounds prettier which is completely irrelevant, and I didn't even bother to vote in the first place, but I think it's fun when you do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete