June 1, 2008

Worship God

Worship today was, for me, pretty intense. I have had a sense since Friday that this would be a significant Sunday. Saturday I did a little Bible study, but I spent most of the day relaxing and not really focusing on God.

I was on worship team this week, so I got to church about 8:45am for practice. Thing were pretty normal until we actually started worship. Then I had this feeling of "Let's go!" I felt like the church got into a slow start with worship, whereas I just wanted to sing to God as hard as I could. It is hard for me to reconstruct just what i was feeling, which sometimes happens when worship gets really intense. Then I had a word of prophecy to bring to the church, and so when my pastor gave a call for prophetic words I went up.

Here is what I said:

"You guys know I love you, so take this in that spirit. All morning I've had this feeling: what are you waiting for? Worship God! The Spirit is just waiting to do something among those who will worship God. I guarantee you, there is nothing more important that you will do today than to worship God."

After this word I felt that something significant did happen, but I felt disappointed because I felt that it took us so long to get moving. I felt that maybe I should have spent more time yesterday praying in preparation for today. I do want to see God glorified, to see His Name lifted up, to have the whole church worship Him together. I think that when we really give ourselves over to worship that marvelous things will happen among us.

2 comments:

  1. I love the word you gave that Sunday!!! I was right there with you, brother! You know, I always love worship, and I don't always notice when it doesn't seem to be getting off the ground for the body as a whole...I know you do, being on the worship team, and we've spoken about this before...I try to give all I've got no matter what I feel or what the body is or isn't doing, because I just have to, you know?! It will be beyond awesome when everyone is doing that. It's not patting myself on the back, either, because sometimes it really is a sacrifice to worship like that. And you are right, marvelous things will happen among us when we give ourselves over to worship. God is so generous, he always blesses us more than we bless Him, but won't it be amazing when we all get together and try to out-bless God?!! I love you, my brother, keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathie, sorry, I didn't notice your comment for a while. Great thoughts. "I try to give all I've got no matter what I feel or what the body is or isn't doing" - I've had to learn this as a member of the worship team, in order to be a contributor.

    I surely appreciate your worship - not, of course, that you worship me, but that you always are worshipful. It helps me, it truly does.

    ReplyDelete